Career Advice and Interview Skills Training
Who looks forward to a job interview? Very few of us. Like many, the thought of a job interview fills you with dread. Perhaps your last interview didn’t go the way you have planned. The questions you anticipated didn’t come up. You couldn’t recall the right example at the right time. You didn’t come across as confident and in control. Sound familiar?
Being interviewed is a daunting experience for most of us but with the right preparation, you can learn to perform better and give yourself the best chance of being successful. Getting the right advice and the right career coach at this key moment in your career is essential.
If you want to progress in your career, you will face being interviewed. Becoming better at job interviews is an essential career skill. We have 20 years’ experience in providing interview skills training and coaching. We have coached hundreds of candidates up to director and board level positions helping them deliver their best interview performance when it matters.
Competency Based Interviews
We specialise in coaching competency-based interviews for a range of positions within the private and public sector. Marcomm have particular experience in working with candidates applying for roles in Northern Ireland Civil Service, Health and Social Care Sector, Local Councils and Education.
Our one day programmes are designed to help participants develop the critical competency-based interview skills and techniques for their next big job interview. We focus on the practical application of the tools and techniques we teach.
Our intensive personalised one-to-one coaching sessions are designed specifically for the role you have applied for. We build a tailored programme specifically around your needs.
How we will support you
- Analyse the role job descriptions and personal specification to identify what the employer is looking for.
- Review Competency Frameworks to identify role specific technical or behavioural requirements.
- Provide you with specific templates that we have developed to help you structure your examples and map them against the specific competency
- Review and refine your responses to ensure your examples match what the panel are looking for.
- If an unseen presentation is an element of the process, we will show you how to prepare, structure and deliver an unseen presentation using our presentation toolkit.
- Show you how to rehearse properly to respond to the interview questions with confidence
- Through practice, role play, and video playback you will see your performance grow so you come across with confidence and impact.
- Help you overcome nerves and deliver a strong interview performance
- Post the session we offer ongoing feedback on your preparation right up to your interview.
We cannot guarantee you that you will be successful in your next interview, but we can guarantee that with the right preparation you can learn how to dramatically improve your next interview performance and give yourself the best chance of getting that job. Our interview skills coaching has provided success for many of our clients, perhaps it could work for you.
"I can't understate the impact those sessions have had on my interview technique. I've secured two jobs with ease since, whereas I really struggled before. I am extremely grateful to you both"
One to one interview training - trainee tax advisor
“Excellent course – the trainer was very good at explaining how to be prepared for interview. Would highly recommend Gerry”
Career Development workshop Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council.
"Good pace and well delivered. Gerry was very knowledgeable with good examples and explanations made relevant to everyone.”
Career Development programme Translink
“I did a presentation on Monday morning and have been told that I got the job. Thank you very much for all the help you gave me – couldn’t have got past Stage 1 without you “
One to One interview coaching - Banking sector.